Has your self-confidence taken a hit, but you’re not ready to commit to plastic surgery? Juvederm® is a non-surgical injectable which adds volume and elasticity to the skin, reducing signs of aging naturally for thousands of people. Plano and Frisco area men and women trust board-certified plastic surgeon Charles A. Wallace, M.D. for their Juvederm® treatments.
What is Juvederm®?
As we age, our skin naturally produces less hyaluronic acid which is vital to maintaining hydration and fullness. Juvederm® is a dermal filler used to restore the volume of the skin. Delivering hyaluronic acid to the skin, it increases the natural hydration in the skin. This helps the skin to rejuvenate itself, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles naturally.
The Art of a Natural Appearance with Juvederm®
Binding hydration to the cells, Juvederm® works with your skin to restore its luster. Unlike other fillers, Juvederm® does not specifically target wrinkles. However, restoring moisture and volume to the skin allows the cells to rejuvenate and naturally reduce the appearance of wrinkles. This gives patients a natural appearance and assists in reversing the aging process.
Benefits of Juvederm®
A biocompatible dermal gel, Juvederm® adds volume to the skin, helping to improve hydration and elasticity. The skin smooths, giving a supple, youthful appearance. Juvederm® can also be used along with other treatments for a specifically tailored approach to improve your self-confidence. The effects of Juvederm® can be seen immediately, with patients noticing an improvement over the next few months. After one year patients may schedule a follow-up for additional treatments.
Is Juvederm® Right for Me?
If you struggle with self-confidence because of fine lines, wrinkles or lackluster skin, Juvederm® may be an appropriate therapy for you. Men and women are encouraged to schedule a consultation with Dr. Wallace to learn if Juvederm® is right for them.
Elements of a Juvederm®
During your consultation, Dr. Wallace will devise a treatment plan based on your desired results. Juvederm® is injected directly under the skin using a very fine needle. Some patients elect for topical anesthetics to ensure total comfort during the treatment. Dr. Wallace will tailor the amount and location of the injections depending on the condition of your skin. The gel will restore hyaluronic acid to the skin, as well as act as a filler for trouble areas.
How much Does Juvederm® Cost in Dallas?
Each Juvederm® treatment is designed specifically for the patient’s needs. The cost of your treatment will vary depending on the extent of the treatment and whether you schedule Juvederm® along with other treatments. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover®. Financing options via Prosper® Healthcare Lending are also available.
After Your Juvederm® Treatment
You will notice a change in your skin immediately, with results continuing over the next few weeks. Dr. Wallace will provide care instructions to ensure your skin recovers beautifully. He may ask that you limit strenuous activity, but you should expect to go about your regular routine after the treatment.
Getting Back to Normal Following Juvederm®
Over the next few months, you will continue to notice an improvement in the skin as the gel integrates with and rehydrates your cells. Most patients schedule a follow-up appointment for additional treatments after one year.
If you live in Plano, Frisco or anywhere in Dallas, TX, and want to restore your appearance consider Juvederm® by Charles A. Wallace, M.D. Contact board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Wallace today for a complimentary consultation!
JUVÉDERM® Collection of Fillers Important Information
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is indicated for deep (subcutaneous and/or supraperiosteal) injection for cheek augmentation to correct age-related volume deficit in the mid-face in adults over the age of 21.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC injectable gels are indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
JUVÉDERM VOLLURETM XC injectable gel is indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds) in adults over the age of 21.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gel is indicated for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over the age of 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is indicated for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral rhytids in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
These products should not be used in patients who have severe allergies, marked by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies, and should not be used in patients with a history of allergies to Gram-positive bacterial proteins or lidocaine contained in these products.
- Do not inject into blood vessels. Introduction of these products into the vasculature may lead to embolization, occlusion of the vessels, ischemia, or infarction. Take extra care when injecting soft- tissue fillers; for example, inject the product slowly and apply the least amount of pressure necessary. Rare, but serious, adverse events associated with the intravascular injection of soft-tissue fillers in the face have been reported and include temporary or permanent vision impairment, blindness, cerebral ischemia or cerebral hemorrhage leading to stroke, skin necrosis, and damage to underlying facial structures. Immediately stop the injection if a patient exhibits any of the following symptoms: changes in vision, signs of a stroke, blanching of the skin, unusual pain during or shortly after the procedure. Patients should receive prompt medical attention and, possibly, evaluation by an appropriate healthcare professional specialist should an intravascular injection occur
- Product use at specific sites in which an active inflammatory process (skin eruptions such as cysts, pimples, rashes, or hives) or infection is present should be deferred until the underlying process has been controlled
- In order to minimize the risk of potential complications, these products should only be used by healthcare professionals who have appropriate training, experience, and knowledge of facial anatomy
- Healthcare professionals are encouraged to discuss the potential risks of soft-tissue injections with their patients prior to treatment and ensure that patients are aware of signs and symptoms of potential complications
- The safety and effectiveness for the treatment of anatomic regions other than the mid-face with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC; facial wrinkles and folds with JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, and JUVÉDERM VOLLURETM XC; and the lips and perioral area with JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC have not been established in controlled clinical studies
- As with all transcutaneous procedures, dermal filler implantation carries a risk of infection. Follow standard precautions associated with injectable materials
- The safety for use during pregnancy, in breastfeeding females, and in patients with known susceptibility to keloid formation, hypertrophic scarring, and pigmentation disorders has not been studied
- The safety for use of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 or over 65 years, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC in patients under 18 years, and JUVÉDERM VOLLURETM XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in patients under 22 years has not been established
- Use with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy
- Patients who are using products that can prolong bleeding (such as aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and warfarin) may experience increased bruising or bleeding at treatment sites
- If laser treatment, chemical peel, or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered after treatment, or if the product is administered before the skin has healed completely, there is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of implantation may be at a higher risk for adverse events
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel for use in patients with very thin skin in the mid-face has not been established
- Patients may experience late onset nodules with use of dermal fillers, including JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
- Patients may experience late onset adverse events with use of dermal fillers
The most commonly reported side effects for JUVÉDERM® injectable gels were injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, dryness was also reported. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, side effects were predominantly moderate in severity, with duration of 2 to 4 weeks; for JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC , JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, or JUVÉDERM VOLLURETM XC, they were mostly mild or moderate in severity, with duration of 14 days or less; and for JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, they were predominantly mild or moderate, with duration of 30 days or less.
To report an adverse reaction with any product in the JUVÉDERM® Collection, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871. Please visit JuvedermDFU.com for more information.
Products in the JUVÉDERM® Collection are available by prescription only.